Hosted by an International Award-Winning Author of Christian books "Abundant Life Now" features a variety of inspirational content. The intent is to present concise information about Christian living, foundational Christian truth, and how to share the Christian faith. The foundational goal is to exalt Jesus Christ. Abundant Life Now is located at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/
JIM ELLIOT: A Christian Martyr Speaks to You
THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH: Understanding God’s Will for You
ONE PRECIOUS PEARL: God’s Design for His Church
GOD LIGHT: Sunlight Sonlight
~ Book Review of “Thy Will Be Done On Earth” by the Christian Book Lounge ~
Reproduced immediately below is one of the many positive reviews the book “Thy Will Be Done On Earth” has received.
Christian Book Lounge – “Discover & Discuss Great Books”
Thy Will Be Done On Earth: Understanding God’s Will For You
Published on September 21st, 2009 in Christian Living, Devotion, and Inspirational.
THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH: UNDERSTANDING GOD’S WILL FOR YOU by Robert Lloyd Russell (ISBN 9781606474303)is a tremendous book!
It is definitely worth reading by all Christians! And it is a must-read for anyone seeking purpose in life. Readers new to Christianity will find that ideas are presented clearly; more experienced Christians will appreciate the author’s thought-provoking style on an age-old subject. Each chapter builds on the previous chapter in a practical guide to understanding how God’s will for mankind affects God’s will for each individual. Sections of the book are heavy on graphic models, a regular gold-mine for the visually oriented. For those less inclined to appreciate these visuals, the text walks the reader easily through the illustrations. Highly recommend as an individual or group read.
I plan on re-reading it each and every year. Here are some of the benefits I see as I am on my second read of this inspiring book:
1. It is extremely well organized: you do not waste time and energy trying to figure out where the author is going with his thesis.
2. It is interspersed with many verses. It has a good balance of Scripture text and the author’s words. I love that the book fills my mind with God’s Word. Yet at the same time, I read thoughts that teach, direct, encourage, entertain me, etc., so that it is not a heavy theological book.
3. Mr. Russell uses charts, illustrations, alliterations, and other memory devices to make the principles of the book stick in my mind long after I have read it.
4. The chapters are bite-sized. This gives me the option of a quick 5-10 minute read if I am rushed or indefinite amount of time if I am just enjoying the contents of the book.
5. Mr. Russell ends each chapter with practical application questions and reflection questions. There is a wealth of verses that accompany the questions for the person who wants a deeper study of the Biblical principles presented.
In this time of great upheaval in our nation, I believe people will be looking for real, tangible answers to life’s most important questions. They will need to discover that God has the answers and those answers are in His Word. “Thy Will Be Done” is a timely book to show that God’s Will is discernible and it is not that hard to understand with the right guidance.
This book is would make a good group study.
Reviewed by: Butch
There is more information about Thy Will Be Done On Earth at the author’s website.
You may order directly from Amazon , Barnes&Noble, Xulon Press, or the author’s website.
~ Robert Lloyd Russell, ABUNDANT LIFE NOW
If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website.
If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).
0 comments (click to read and post)
You don't have to sign up to Koobug - you can read all of the content on the site. However, if you'd like to comment or recommend books and posts, you'll need an account.
It's completely free to use, whether you are an author or reader.
All we need from you is your email address, which we'll use to send you an access link. You can then click on the link and choose your password and profile picture.
We will not disclose your email address to anyone else, or use it to send you spam.
Enter your email address into the box, and a password if you have one. If this is your first time here, or you can't remember your password, leave the box blank; we'll email you a temporary key.